About the Adhyayana Kendra
- Lecture on 'kaLidAsa' - Prof Ranganath
- Lecture Series on Taittareeya Upanishads - Prof Shivaram Agnihotri
- Lecture Series on DVG's "Mankutimmana Kagga" by Sri H R Chandrashekar
- SAK Annual Music Festival - Smt Venkatalakshmma & Sri K P Bhatta Memorial Program
- Kavyavachana & Discourse on "Kumaravyasa Mahabharatha" by Dr A V Prasanna and Smt Nirmala Prasanna
- Kavyavachana & Discourse on "Jaimini Bharatha" by Smt Malati Madhavachar and Smt Kamalamma
- Series on "Bhagavatha" by Sri Anantharama Iyer
- Quaterly Music Concerts
Friday, January 30, 2009
On the 25th January 2009, Sanjaynagar, Bangalore was witness to a very interesting and well presented ASHTAVADHANA program by Dr R Ganesh, organized by Shankara Adhyayana Kendra. The program that commenced in the afternoon at 3:30 pm was very well attended by the young and old alike, braving the hot sun. Nevertheless Dr Ganesh and the 8 'Prucchaka' vidwans made the program very lively and enjoyable such that the program registered 100% attendance till the very end.
Spontaneity, Creativity and Humor kept the audience glued throughout the 4 hours of the ASHTAVADHANA program.
Dr Ganesh commenced the program by a couplet composed on Shankara Adhyayana Kendra
श्री शंकराध्ययन केन्द्रमिदम् नितान्तम् I
श्रीशं मुदा भजतु शंकरमप्यभिन्नम् II
श्री शारदा शरदुदार नवेंदु कान्त्याम् I
प्रज्ञ्ना चकोर तृष परिहार आस्ताम् II
Further Dr Ganesh gave an overview of ASHTAVADHANA with examples that helped the audience to better appreciate the rest of the program.
He was joined by the following “Prucchaka” vidwans:
* Dr S Ranganath – Nishedhaakshari
* Sri Shankaranarayana Upadhyaya – Samasyapoorna
* Sri K S Kannan – Dattapdi
* Sri Vasuki - Chitrabandha
* Sri Gangadhar – Ashukavite
* Smt Sridevi - Kavya vachana
* Sri B R Prabhakar – Aprastuta Prasanga
* Sri Pragynana Leelashuka – Sankhya Bandha
Yet another highlight of the program was that there was ample participation by the youth both in the form of "Prucchaka" vidwans (Sri Vasuki and Sri Leelashuka) as well as in the audience - much to the liking of Dr R Ganesh.
Below are some of the extempore couplets that Dr Ganesh composed
ಸೊಪ್ಪು ಸವಡುತಾ ನಪ್ಪವೊಳು ತಾರಕನ ಬಾಧೆಇಂದಂ I
ಸಪ್ಪಿಗಾಗಿ ಸುರವರ್ಗ ಶಿವನ ತಪವನ್ನು ಭಂಜಿಸಲ್ಕೆ II
ಒಪ್ಪಸಲ್ಕೆ ಆ ಮಾರ ಸೆಳೆದು ಹೂ ಬಾಣ ಮಧುವಿನಿಂದಂ I
ಜಿಪ್ಪನೆಳೆದು ಹೊರತೆಗೆದು ಬಾಗಿ ತೂಗಿಸುತ ತೊಟ್ಟು ಬಿಟ್ಟಂ II
निषेधाक्षरी - जगद् गुरु श्री श्री चंद्रशेखर भारती स्वामीजी पे आधारित
श्री नृहस्त हतिवीत काव्य संकाश कूटधर मध्यगोयामी I
ऐणि मत्पद परोद्वयार्थ भाक् राजते जगती शंकरान्वय II
वागार्थानाम् सकल भुवने जन्म भूराद्वितीयः I
सौन्दर्यार्शः द्वितय विभवः प्राभवः कालिदासः II
वाणीगर्भे सरसविधिना विद्यमानो विधाता I
मत्पद्येस्मिन् प्रकट यातिते जन्म नव्यम समाप्तः II
While Sri Leelashuka presented a 5x5 matrix summing upto 111 on all the rows and columns and diagonally, Smt Sridevi endowed with a melodious voice presented beautiful couplets tuned in ragas Hindolam, Reetigowla, Hamir Kalyani and Shahana.
The ongoing economic scenario and corporate fiasco did'nt go untouched - Dr Ganesh composed a couplet in English by making use of the sounds produced by the four words viz - fraud, breach, theft & plume.
Sri B R Prabhakar kept the humor ticking by his creative intrusionary remarks all through the program. Dr R Ganesh who was suffering from fever at the begining of the program showed little signs of fatigue or discomfort by the end.
Last but not the least the program owes its success to the enthusiastic band of Sanjaynagar volunteers who left no stone unturned in successfully organizing the event!
The stage setting, sound system, lighting and refreshment arrangement were not found wanting in any aspect!
Here are some of the kodak moments of the event!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
4th Main Road, RMV II Stage,
Postal Colony, Sanjaynagar,
Bangalore - 560094
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Vidwan Sri Anoor Dattatreya Sharma - Mridangam
Date: 17th January 2009
Time: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
You are invited!!
Vid Maruti presented a vocal concert supported well by Vid Yeshaswi on the violin and Vid Anoor Dattatreya Sharma on the mridangam.
1) Varnam - Sri Ragam
2) Ganarajena Rakshitoham - Aarabhi - M Chapu
3) Mayamma - Aahiri - Adi - Shayamashastry
4) E' varamadugudura - Kalyani - Rupaka - Thyagaraja
5) Yaare Rangana - Hindola - Adi - Purandaradasa
6) Heccharikagaarara - Yedukulakamboji - M Chapu - Thyagaraja
7) Muripemu - Mukhari - Adi - Thyagaraja
8) Shankaracharya Ashtakam
9) Nambadiru Ee deha Nityavalla - Tanarupi - Adi - Purandaradasa